Wednesday, July 19, 2017

The Dragons of Alsace Farm

The Dragons of Alsace FarmThe Dragons of Alsace Farm by Laurie L.C. Lewis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow!

I don't know exactly what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting this beautiful, heart-wrenching story! The story was masterfully written. The characters and their flaws and struggles were so relateable and perfect for the story and themes that were told. The different types of love that is shared between characters in this book is really neat - there's romantic love, but also familial love, love of friendship, and love of place. The characters dealt with some pretty tough situations, but the author handled them respectfully, and not in a graphic way. I'd rate this PG, maybe PG-13 because of the comparisons of dementia and thoughts of suicide. Intense topics, but handled very well.

View all my reviews

FYI from fabulous author Lisa Swinton's review: "First, you should know there are no mythical beast dragons in this book. Dragons are a metaphor for dark thoughts, demons from the past, and fears that need confronting and slaying." I loved the use of this metaphor - it was so strong, but I understand how it can be misleading to potential readers

No comments:

Post a Comment